Updated program forms are now under the “Leader Info” option on the main menu.
Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention
Download the New Falls Prevention Brochure — added 4/30/2019
The brochure includes both AMOB and TCA/FP. Program providers (AAAs, Senior Centers, etc.) can add the local contact name and phone number on the back for potential participants! Spread the word about these great programs in your area.
N E W T C A R E S O U R C E — added 3/22/2019
Living Healthy with CDSME Marketing and Media Tools
Would you like easy-to-use formats to promote your upcoming Living Healthy with Chronic Disease Self Management workshops? View templates for:
- Living Healthy with CDSMP Brochure
- Living Healthy with CDSMP Rack Card
- Living Healthy with CDSMP Flyer
- Living Healthy with Chronic Pain Self Management Program Brochure and Flyer.
For additional information about chronic pain, please see the following items:
- Implementing Evidence-Based Programs to Address Chronic Pain (this issue brief shares valuable information about the extent of chronic pain in older adults and effective programs that can address it).
- A Word About Opioid Use (this appendix reviews the definition of opioids, long-term and side-effects, and safety measures that can be taken).
Participants with Disabilities
For tips and techniques on how to facilitate evidence-based programs with participants who have disabilities, please view and download the Inclusion Toolkit, along with a powerpoint on Being Inclusive of Participants with Disabilities for use when training facilitators.
Living Healthy Marketing and Media Tools
Would you like to market your Living Healthy with Chronic Disease Self Management workshops in the media? View templates for a newspaper article, ad, and PSA (public service announcement):
- Living Healthy with Chronic Disease Self Management media options
- Living Healthy with Diabetes Self Managment Program media options
- Living Healthy with Chronic Pain Self Management Program media options
North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services holds tools and templates that may be of help to you as you work to implement Living Healthy with Chronic Disease Self Management Programs. Some of the tools and templates were developed here in North Carolina—at the state, regional, county or local levels—while others were created in other states and shared among the national network of people and places implementing evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention programs for older adults.
Contact Jeanne Dairaghi for more information.
A Matter of Balance Tools & Resources
Reports generated from this data are valuable for everyone — participants, community sites, funders and policymakers. These reports are helping the evidence-based movement not only locally in your own communities, but nationally.