Date(s) - 09/14/2022
9:00 am - 9:45 am
Join Zoom Meeting
Basic Components for the zoom/virtual September 14th, 9:00-9:45, training for fall risk screenings:
- Older adults appropriate for screening/safety
- Fall risk survey/assessment tool from CDC (The NC Falls Coalition may also have a new tool available by the training)
- Functional screens (Timed up and Go, 30-second chair rise, 4 stage balance test)
- Referrals to evidence-based programs
- Programs available/resource information specific to each center
Attaching a link to the CDC website for tools and attaching the tools we will cover.
- Each center will need to be able to join a zoom with a camera and be able to practice the functional assessments. One person will do the assessment and one will act like an older adult to be tested.
- They will need a stationary chair that does not roll, a stopwatch or way to time, and a 10-foot walkway in front of a chair and tape to indicate the 10 feet (folks stand up from a chair, walk 10 feet, turn around, and return to a seated position in the chair).
- They should print copies of each attachment for review.
The training will be recorded and then save for future viewings. The CDC website also has videos.
Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 9:45 am
For more information or to register, please contact: Christina Peoples (336) 904-0300 email@example.com