Date(s) - 09/26/2016 - 10/31/2016
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
• will take place once a week for 6 weeks. Each session is 2 ½ hours long, each session is facilitated by 2 trained leaders who follow a detailed manual, so that each workshop is highly consistent. Participants are encouraged to attend a minimum of 4 of the 6 sessions.
• is appropriate for people living or caring for someone with a wide variety of chronic health conditions and experience pain.
Topics to be discussed during the 6 week course:
These programs are not designed to cure pain or chronic conditions, but rather to learn the skills and tools to better manage chronic conditions. Participants will learn:
• distraction techniques;
• preventing falls and improving balance;
• pain and fatigue management;
• introduction to physical activity and exercise;
• endurance activities;
• How to make informed treatment decisions;
• and MUCH MORE!
Dates: 6 sessions (1 x week) – Mondays – September 26, October 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31, 2016
Time: 9:30 am – 12 noon
Contact: Jane Armstrong 919-548-0016 Email
Last Date to Register Online: Pre-registration is required by September 19, 2016
For more information about older adult services in Cleveland, McDowell, Polk and Rutherford counties, see Isothermal Commission Area Agency on Aging.
This event is fully booked.