Date(s) - 11/17/2022 - 11/18/2022
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Bill Crisp Senior Center
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
Participants learn to:
• view falls as controllable
• set goals for increasing activity
• make changes to reduce fall risks at home
• exercise to increase strength and balance
Classes are held twice a week for 4 weeks for 2 hours each.
Coaches help participants become more confident about managing falls, help to identify ways to reduce falls, and lead exercises to help increase strength and balance.
What do you need to be a coach?
• good communication and interpersonal skills
• enthusiasm, dependability and a willingness to lead small groups of older adults
• ability to lead low to moderate level exercise
Dates: Thursday, November 17 and Friday, November 18, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
For more information or to register, please contact: LaShonda Gough 910-323-4191, Ext. 40 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last day to register: Wednesday, November 16, 2022