Date(s) - 12/21/2016 - 02/01/2017
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Senior Resources of Guilford
Event Phone: 336.373.4816 ext. 237
Description: The Living Healthy with Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshop is held for two and a half hours, once a week, for six weeks. People with different chronic health problems are welcome to attend and learn from one another. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both have chronic diseases themselves.
1) techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
2) appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
3) appropriate use of medications
4) communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
6) decision making, and
7) how to evaluate new treatments
Classes are highly participative, where mutual support and success build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Dates: 7 sessions (1 x week) – Wednesdays – First session on December 21st, 2016 will be an informational session so individuals can learn more about the program and will be held from 9:30 am to 10:30 am.
The remainder of the sessions – December 28th, 2016, January 4, 11, 18, 25, and February 1st, 2017 – will be 9:30 am to 12 Noon.
Time: 9:30 am to 12 Noon
Last Date to Register Online: December 21, 2016
This event is fully booked.