Date(s) - 05/10/2023 - 06/14/2023
12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Mars Hill Library
Living Healthy: Chronic Disease Self-Management provides techniques to deal with symptoms of chronic conditions, such as fatigue, pain, sleeplessness, shortness of breath, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration. Physicians, registered dietitians, occupational and physical therapists, and other health professionals have reviewed all workshop materials.
• Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance.
• Falls prevention.
• Healthy eating
• Better breathing techniques
• Appropriate use of medication
• Working more effectively with healthcare providers
• Communicating with friends and family
• Communicating with oneself
• Communicating with the healthcare system
• Action-planning, problem-solving, and decision-making
Dates: Wednesdays, May 10 through June 14, 2023
Time: 12:30 pm – 3:00 pm
For more information, please contact: Brea Kuykendall (828) 251-7438 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date to register: Friday, May 5, 2023