Date(s) - 02/23/2017 - 03/30/2017
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Davie County Senior Center
Event Phone: 336-753-6230
Description: The Living Healthy with Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshop is held for two and a half hours, once a week, for six weeks. People with different chronic health problems are welcome to attend and learn from one another. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both have chronic diseases themselves.
1) techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
2) appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
3) appropriate use of medications
4) communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
6) decision making, and
7) how to evaluate new treatments
Classes are highly interactive, where mutual support and success build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Dates: 6 sessions (1 x week) – Thursdays – February 23rd, March 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30th
Time: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Contact: Jessica Pollard 336-753-6230 Email
Last Date to Register Online: February 9th, 2017
This event is fully booked.