Walk With Ease was developed by experts at the Arthritis Foundation and the Osteoarthritis Action Alliance to provide tools and techniques to build and maintain a successful walking program.
Walk With Ease is for people who…
- Want to reduce the pain and discomfort of arthritis and/or joint pain
- Desire to increase balance, strength and walking pace
- Would like to build confidence in the ability to be physically active
- Want to improve overall health
The Walk With Ease program:
- Meets 3 times per week for about an hour for 6 weeks
- Led by 1-2 trained program providers
- Sessions consist of a “lecturette topic” lasting about 5-10 minutes, warm up, stretching, walking, cool down, and stretching.
- There is also a program option that encourages walking on one’s own and/or once weekly group walking sessions, with support through on-line and email resources.